Introducing the RoboTape™ System for 3M™ Tape
The RoboTape™ System for 3M™ Tape is a patent-pending automatic tape system designed to handle repetitive and demanding tape applications.
The system has been pre-configured and optimised for a variety of 3M™ VHB™ Tapes. Connect with a 3M or RoboTape expert to discuss your application today.
Seamless integration into existing production systems or new cell layouts is promoted by our proprietary remote feeding system. This new technology allows bulk spools of material to be positioned outside of the safe zone, opening up endless possibilities for cell design. In addition to this, the bulk spool of material can be replaced while the machine is mid-production to fulfill continuous, uninterrupted production goals.
A slim and versatile tape application head can tackle applications with complex geometry and contours on a wide variety of parts. Automotive, architectural, industrial, medical and consumer goods are just some of the industries that can benefit from this specialized system.
The RoboTape™ System for 3M™ Tape is preloaded with approved 3M configuration settings to assist with fast machine initialization and passes 3M’s 5-point check, relying on extensive testing to confirm machine capability in the areas of:
- Limited tape stretch
- Accurate tape wet out
- Splice identification and disposal
- Successful liner handling
- Repeatable tape placement accuracy
Before the RoboTape™ System for 3M™ Tape, tape application was a predominantly manual process that was strenuous, inconsistent and repetitive. We solve all these issues with a thoughtfully designed product capable of so much more.
- Zero down time spool change
- Remote machine tending
- Application speeds up to 300mm/s
- Lightweight tape apply head at just 6.0kg
- Built-in, automatic cutting allows for variable cut lengths
- Automatic removal and disposal of tape liner
- Sensing and auto rejection of splice joints
- Small machine footprint at just over 5.5 sqft (0.5sqm)
- Low energy consumption
- Easily redeployed capital with minimal changeover
- Integrates with a variety of robots and additional hardware
- 3M™ VHB™ Tape 5925
- 3M™ VHB™ Tape 5952
- 3M™ VHB™ Tape 5962
- 3M™ VHB™ Tape GPH-110
- 3M™ VHB™ Tape 4930
- 3M™ VHB™ Tape 4646
- 3M™ VHB™ Tape 4955
- 3M™ Acrylic Plus Tape PT1100T
- 3M™ Acrylic Plus Tape EX4015T
- Width ranges from 3mm to 16mm
- Thickness ranges from 0.5mm to 16mm
- Additional sizes & materials possible upon request
The tape head can be fixed or robotically mounted to suit the largest variety of applications. Designed to be sleek and lightweight, the tape head can reach difficult to access areas with precision and repeatability.
With over 30 years of automation design and build experience, our team has the skills, knowledge and track record to become a preferred supplier.
All of our RoboTape units are manufactured to the highest quality standard at our world-class facility in Ontario Canada.
To see RoboTape for other types of adhesive lined product